Woodrow Wilson School
560 Wentworth Avenue
Calumet City, IL 60409
Morning Session: 8:35 a.m. - 11:20 a.m.
Afternoon Session: 12:20 p.m. - 3:05 p.m.
Children must be between the ages of 3 to 5 years old. They must live within the Calumet City School District boundaries. Students must go through the district pre-kindergarten screening procedure. The results of the screening are analyzed, and each family is contacted by mail or phone regarding their child's eligibility for the programs.
When parent/guardian is dropping off a child, the parent must wait until the teacher is present before leaving the child at school. Please be prompt when picking up your student. Notify the teachers when someone other than the regular driver will be picking up your child. No child will be released to an unauthorized individual. State regulations require that the school have, in writing from the parents, the names of those persons authorized to pick up their child. Excessive tardiness in arrival or departure can result in a child’s removal from the program. More than three incidents will result in dismissal from the program.
Drop Off/Pick Up
Drop off/pick up is at the west door off Lincoln Avenue. If you are arriving late, the door off Lincoln Avenue will be locked. If tardy, please go to the main door near the school office on Memorial Drive. Do not drop off students more the 10 minutes before class time since there is no supervision until that time. Do not drop off your child unless there is a Pre-K or Early Childhood teacher or aide present at the Lincoln Avenue door. Please walk them to the door and remain there until a staff member is present.
Transportation Pick Up
Pre-K children, are NOT eligible for District transportation.
Transportation Drop Off
If a child is going home on a bus, parents have to be at the bus stop 10 minutes before arrival of the bus to PICK UP children. The driver cannot leave the bus. If parents are not at the bus stop, the child will be brought to the bus terminal and this will be cause for dismissal from the program.
Parent/Student Handbook (English)
Our Pre-Kindergarten Programs are Designed:
- To educate the whole child
- To build on a child's strengths
- To address the needs of children
- To stimulate a child's willingness to learn
- To allow a child to make choices and decisions
- To allow children to become active explorers in their society
- To provide your child with the tools to suceed in school
- To allow a child to explore and experiment at his own levels
- To allow children to become spontaneous and self-directed learners
- To provide a loving, nuturing, and stimulating environment for your child
- To provide opportunities for every child to develop a positive self-concept